West Wind Aviation operates a fleet of 28 aircraft and employs 290 people

West Wind Aviation Named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers

March 3, 2014 in News
Explorer: Spring 2014

In February, West Wind Aviation was named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers for 2014. The company’s dedication to employees, along with its hiring incentives, programs, and wide range of positions available, make the company an attractive place for prospective employees.

“We foster a friendly work environment and a corporate culture that promotes hard work and dedication,” says Dianne Stefanko, VP of Corporate Services, “We provide countless opportunities for our employees, including training and professional development, mentorship, networking opportunities, and exposure to an exciting industry.”

West Wind Aviation operates a fleet of 28 aircraft and employs 290 people at its locations in Saskatoon, Regina, Prince Albert, La Ronge, Stony Rapids, Wallaston Lake, and Fond du Lac.

The company was named one of Saskatchewan’s Top 100 companies by SaskBusiness magazine, and is also one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. West Wind is 80% owned by First Nations organizations, including Meadow Lake Tribal Council, Prince Albert Development Corp, and Athabasca Basin Development. The remaining 20% of the company is employee-owned. Because its employees are part owners, West Wind Aviation gives employees the opportunity to purchase shares on an annual basis through its Labour Sponsored Venture Capital Program. “This allows employees to become owners in the organization, and fosters our environment of teamwork and accountability,” says Stefanko.

Other perks offered to employees include regular Lunch & Learns, educational assistance, fitness subsidies, maternity and parental leave top ups, paid time off to volunteer, and more. “West Wind Aviation is one of the best employers in Saskatchewan because of the commitment and teamwork of our people,” says Stefanko, “We want our staff to be engaged in the work they are doing and enjoy their time at West Wind, and we do whatever we can to assist them.”