Athabasca Summer Students
The goal of our summer student/mentorship program is to help develop tomorrow’s leaders by providing a meaningful work experience for students from the Athabasca Basin region. We would like to extend a big thank you to our partner, Prince Albert Grand Council, for funding 50% of this initiative
The competition for the 2021 year is now closed. We are pleased that we have hired 13 students from the Athabasca region in the following positions:
- Human Resources Admin Summer Student (Points Athabasca, Saskatoon).
- Operations Summer Student (Points Athabasca, Saskatoon, travel required)
- Marketing/communications (Athabasca Basin Development, Saskatoon, travel required)
- Administration/Accounting (Athabasca Basin Development, Athabasca Basin Security, Team Drilling, Points North, Saskatoon for 12 weeks and with one 2 week in, 2 week out rotation in Points North Landing
- 2 Yard Summer Students (Points North Landing) – 2 weeks in/2 weeks out schedule
- 2 Shop Summer Students (Points North Landing) – 2 weeks in/2 weeks out schedule
- Labour Summer Student (Team Drilling, Saskatoon)
- 3 Warehouse Summer Students (Arctic Beverages, Prince Albert)
These positions were filled by students from Stony Rapids, Hatchet Lake First Nation, Fond du Lac First Nation, and Black Lake First Nation.
- The competition for 2021 is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied!
- We will open the competition for summer 2022 in Jan/Feb 2022. Please stay tuned to this website and to our Facebook page for more info.