Athabasca Summer Student – Various positions in Saskatoon, PA, Points North
The goal of our summer student/mentorship program is to help develop tomorrow’s leaders by providing a meaningful work experience for students from the Athabasca Basin region. We would like to extend a big thank you to our partner, Prince Albert Grand Council, for funding 50% of this initiative
We are seeking students from the Athabasca region to be matched with one of 12 potential positions:
- Human Resources Admin Summer Student (Points Athabasca, Saskatoon).
- Operations Summer Student (Points Athabasca, Saskatoon, travel required)
- Marketing/communications (Athabasca Basin Development, Saskatoon, travel required)
- Administration/Accounting (Athabasca Basin Development, Athabasca Basin Security, Team Drilling, Points North, Saskatoon for 12 weeks and with one 2 week in, 2 week out rotation in Points North Landing
- 2 Yard Summer Students (Points North Landing) – 2 weeks in/2 weeks out schedule
- 2 Shop Summer Students (Points North Landing) – 2 weeks in/2 weeks out schedule
- Labour Summer Student (Team Drilling, Saskatoon)
- 3 Warehouse Summer Students (Arctic Beverages, Prince Albert)
Students will be matched as best as possible to opportunities based on the needs of the organization and the student’s past experience, area of interest and level of study.
You can download the application form here.
Who Can apply?
- These positions are designated for residents of Athabasca Basin in Saskatchewan’s north.
- Athabasca Basin Development is an equal opportunity employer and encourages members of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, people with disabilities and visible minorities) to self-identify on their applications.
- Must be enrolled in a post-secondary program and be returning in the fall
- Able and willing to travel
- Available to work from May 2021 to the end of August 2021 2021 (Points North positions are 11 week terms starting June 14)
- Most positions require a valid driver’s licence
We’re looking for:
- Students who have demonstrated the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Students who are reliable and show up on time
- Students who have time management and communication skills, based on school presentations, extracurricular activities, and/or work experience.
- Work locations will be in Saskatoon or Prince Albert, or Points North Landing (2 week in-2 week out rotation).
- Working conditions will vary depending on the position. Environment can include office environments, warehouse, construction sites, shops, yards, outdoors.
- Some positions require ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Students will be required to sign confidentiality agreements as needed.
- Some travel may be required, depending on the position.
- These are temporary, full time positions that will be up to a 4-month term starting in May 2021.
- Starting date is anticipated to be May 3, 2021 with a final date of August 20, 2021
- Positions with Points North will be 11-week term positions starting June 14, 2021
- Interested candidates should apply by filling out an application form (found on our website) and sending a resume, cover letter, and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The cover letter should include:
- The student’s area of study, institution, and year of program.
- Tell us about yourself. Explain why you are the best fit and why you are interested in us.
- Deadline to apply: February 25, 2021 at 5pm
- Still have questions? Please contact Treena at email@example.com
- Thank you for your interest! While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.